Schedules absolutely get crazy around here. So many times on Sundays, I run errands, meal plan for the week, clean and do some meal and lunch preparation. I have noticed a very positive correlation between my preparations for the week’s meals and success in clean eating for the week.
This Sunday, I made PALEO lunches for the week, dinner for tonight AND some incredible egg muffin with veggies and bacon.
This breakfast dish is incredibly versatile, I have tried it with many variations of veggies and it always is super yummy, plus it makes breakfasts for the week a breeze! The concept of egg muffins is absolutely not new. I found many recipes for them, however, every Paleo recipe wanted bacon around the tins. Oven-baked bacon is not my thing, and I felt like some veggies would be a good addition. So, with no further introduction,
Katie’s Veggie-packed Egg Muffins
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
6 Pieces of Thick Sliced Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Grease a 12-muffin tin (I use coconut oil spray from Trader Joe’s)
3. In a skillet, brown the bacon and set aside
4. Chop all veggies and place them in the bottom of each muffin tin
5. Scramble all 8 eggs in a separate dish. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to evenly distribute the eggs through out all 12 muffin tins
6. Cut up bacon and evenly distribute it
7. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes
Enjoy! I hope you all love this easy dish as much as I do!