So, last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award.
I am pretty new to what this means, but a fellow blogger nominated me, assigned me 10 questions to respond to. I am supposed to answer the questions and pick 10 other bloggers with under 200 followers to answer 10 questions of your choice!
I was nominated by:
She assigned me the following 10 questions:
1. Favorite App on your smartphone: Currently loving “My Pregnancy”, it’s full of fun little tips for each day. Generally though, my absolute go-to app is Pandora. WHAT DID I DO WITHOUT PANDORA? Seriously.
2. All-time favorite race and why: 2013 Eugene Marathon. This marathon was my first full marathon and was such a huge goal for me to accomplish. On top of that, I had the opportunity to train with such an encouraging group of ladies. Each of them was so experienced and had run many other races, but, took lots of time to help calm my nerves, make me feel safe and talk through pre-race crazies. L, is one of my best friends, and ran the entire race with me. She didn’t leave me for a moment. I will love her forever for her support on that day.
3. Current obsession (can be anything, tv show, food, group fitness class): Swim lessons. I am really enjoying learning the different strokes and overcoming my fear of being under the water.
4. Favorite piece of workout gear: Lululemon, “Tuck Me in Tank” in black. It has been a great transition-piece for maternity wear. It has a built in intense bra, is flowy and still feels just the right amount of sexy.I will definitely be comfortable wearing it after baby too, very flattering over stomach.
5. Favorite snack food: Lately, I’ve been obsessed with this fabulous green juice from a local juice bar in Concord, NH that is made with Kale, Spinach, Pear and Green Apple. So good! I order it with two hardboiled eggs and it is a great mid-afternoon snack.
6. Favorite distance race to run and why: Half Marathon. I really, so far, have not put in the time to increase speed drastically (especially for shorter distances). Without putting in significant work, I am not naturally a very speedy runner. The half marathon is long enough that I feel like it is an accomplishment to just run it. I can chat with friends, stop at the water spots, and not feel bad about my time.
7. If I was coming to your town to visit, what is one thing I would HAVE to do, see, eat, ect: If you were coming to Olympia, Washington on a sunny Saturday, I would take you on a quick jog around Capitol Lake and enjoy beautiful views of Mount Rainier and the Washington State Capitol Building, then we would head to Batdorf and Bronson for a fabulous cup of fresh-roasted coffee and then stroll through the Olympia Farmer’s Market. It is such an incredible farmer’s market full of the best fruits and vegetables, and the food cart vendors are fabulous!
8. One song that must be on your playlist: “Bon, Bon” Pitbull – Best running beat! Ha!
9. Would you prefer a group fitness type setting or working out alone: GROUP! Everyday – going on a run, taking a class, love working out with people!
10. Your ultimate goal in life: Find contentment, whatever that means. I just want to feel at ease with where I am – career, family, fitness, etc. I’ve heard good things about the 30’s – maybe I’ll find it then!
Here are the official rules so my ten blogger Liebster award winners can play along as well –
The Liebster Award Rules:
1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
The bloggers I nominate are:
- Ewoolf: http://tincanvas.me/author/ewoolf2/
- Betty LIVIN: http://bettylivin.com/
- The Femme Blog: http://thefemmeblog.wordpress.com/
- Lexa’s Journal: http://lexawrites.com/
- Saucy Paleo: http://saucypaleo.com/
- Rockin’ Fit Noms: http://rockinfitnoms.com/
- Single-tracked Mind: http://singletrackedmind.com/
And here are my 10 questions:
- Where are you originally from?
- What is your favorite travel destination?
- Why did you originally create your blog?
- What is your favorite catch-up activity to do with a friend?
- Would you prefer to listen to music or chat with a friend while you exercise?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could join any hobby or special interest group, what would it be?
- Favorite spot to visit in your town?
- What is your ideal workout?
- Favorite food?